Well, it has been exactly one week since he left. As much as I'd like to say "piece of cake" and "no big deal, that was easy!"... I can't. Granted, it hasn't been as bad as the anticipatory thoughts led me to believe it'd be; it still hasn't been easy peasy lemon squeezy. It has felt much, MUCH longer than a week. But time has this funny way about itself. Leading up to deployment, when I was trying to soak up every minute with him, a week felt more like a day. Whereas now that he's gone, a day feels like a week. Why must time be so cruel with its tricks of relativity? However I know how it works. In the beginning it takes a while for the wheels of time to turn, but gradually they begin to gain momentum, and faster and faster and faster they turn. When I was little, a school year felt so permanent and eternal. And the saddest day of the year was December 26th because you had to wait a whole YEAR for Christmas to come again. However as I've been getting older, each year seems to be shorter than the last. So even though these past 7 days have felt distorted and stretched, I know the next week will be better. And the week after that. And before I know it, I'll have a month under the belt!
So here's the big question: how do I get time to speed up, yet put my baby girl in slow motion?
I woke up this morning thinking about Brandon, you and that sweet little girl. Granted, this is something I do a lot, but today my thoughts were much like yours. It's been a week. Is that all? Thank you for reminding me of what I already know, that time will march on and as we keep busy it will SEEM to go faster. I know God wants us to enjoy every minute of our life here. Doesn't want us to rush through, so during certain times of our lives he slows things down. Maybe this is one of those times because even though this is hard we both know that he has blessed our family beyond measure.
ReplyDeleteTomorrow you will have Sarah with you and the three of you will explore and enjoy your hometown. You will walk in the sun and have a "girls" weekend. You will look back on Sunday and wonder where the time has gone. That is life.
When you figure out the answer to that question, please let me know... I think my mom has been trying to figure it out for 23 years! :)
ReplyDeleteYou've made it through the hardest week!! Thinking about you!
Love ya!
To think tomorrow it will be 2 weeks!! It does go by fast..and he will be here before you know it!! Remember what I told you last week when you called me on my birthday...I love you no matter what and if you need a friend to talk to im only a phone call away!! Ps I am soooo excited to see you both in a couple weeks!! :) thinking of you! xoxo
ReplyDelete