Saturday, February 19, 2011

blessings

Today was such a great day!  Woke up to a BEAUTIFUL blue sky-- the best comparison I can make was that it was the color of blue raspberry Koolaid.  Because we are at a higher altitude in Colorado and there is less water vapor in the air, the sky really IS bluer out here.  Since it was warm and sunny again today, I decided to take advantage of the weather and take Reagan out for a stroller adventure.

Right before we were getting ready to leave, I heard the doorbell ring.  It was a florist.  My incredible husband half a world away had sent not only 3 dozen roses, but a teddy bear... balloons... chocolates... and a sweet note.  I was like a giddy little twelve year old girl again. =)  Like my mother-in-law said, he covered all the bases!

After I fueled up on some of the chocolates, Reagan and I set off to explore a new area of post.  Following a sidewalk down the street from our neighborhood, we discovered a paved walking path that forms a huge loop at least 3 miles long.  It was amazing!  Our new future walking route leads through an open meadow and comes alongside 3 big playgrounds, a dog park, volleyball courts, baseball fields, basketball courts, and an outdoor amphitheater.  All with the gorgeous backdrop of the Rocky Mountains.


All in all, our "adventure" lasted about an hour and a half and we had such a good time (well, I had a enjoyable time, Reagan mostly slept).  It was refreshing.  The long walk gave me ample amount of time to clear my head and really count my blessings.  I feel so fortunate to have a big, warm, beautiful house... within a safe, new neighborhood... on an amazing post that has every amenity at our fingertips... inside an incredible city with tons of fun things to do.  Finding this new trail is just one of many reasons why I fall more and more in love with this post everyday.  We really couldn't have landed a better place to start our lives as a new family, and it's days like today that I can't thank God enough for all of the blessings He has bestowed upon us.

1 comment: