This day, tied with December 12th, is my favorite day of the whole year. February 20th marks the best day of my life... the day I was able to marry the most incredible man, my best friend. Although we aren't able to be together this year to celebrate, I'm physically able to hold our love in my arms this very moment. As little Reagan is sleeping cradled against my chest, she has no idea yet that she is a product of a love so pure and precious. She is a lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy that love each other more than words can describe, and we are even luckier to be able to call her our own.
Even though Brandon and I spent our anniversary 7,600 miles away from one another, I had a fantastic and eventful day. Brandon's Uncle Mark and his wife Lu drove down to take me out to lunch. We visited the historic town of Manitou Springs in the foothills of Pikes Peak, had a great little lunch, and topped it off with some ice cream. We had a wonderful time visiting, and Reagan had an even better time being cuddled by her great-aunt Lu. Then this evening, two of my and Brandon's friends were gracious enough to take me out to one of my favorite restaurants-- BJ's Brewhouse. After coming home, Reagan and I watched the wedding video (yes she really did sit on my lap and watch!) and looked through the wedding photo albums.
Reminiscing our wedding day, I couldn't help but think back on how far we've come in just a single year. We got married; lived in Indiana, Kentucky, and Colorado; I had a wonderful pregnancy while working and single-handedly coordinating a cross-country move; Brandon became an armor officer and Ranger; we had a beautiful daughter; and now we are experiencing our first deployment. We waste no time! =)
In honor of our anniversary, I'd like to share a clip from our "heavenly day":
No comments:
Post a Comment